- All Implemented Interfaces:
- Configurable, LifecycleAware, NamedComponent, PollableSource, Source
- Direct Known Subclasses:
public abstract class AbstractPollableSource
- extends BasicSourceSemantics
- implements PollableSource
Base class which ensures sub-classes will inherit all the properties
of BasicSourceSemantics in addition to:
- Ensuring when configure/start throw an exception process will not
- Ensure that process will not be called unless configure and start
have successfully been called
|Methods inherited from class org.apache.flume.source.BasicSourceSemantics
configure, doConfigure, doStart, doStop, getChannelProcessor, getLifecycleState, getName, getStartException, isStarted, setChannelProcessor, setLifecycleState, setName, start, stop, toString
public PollableSource.Status process()
- Description copied from interface:
Attempt to pull an item from the source, sending it to the channel.
When driven by an
EventDrivenSourceRunner process is guaranteed
to be called only by a single thread at a time, with no concurrency.
Any other mechanism driving a pollable source must follow the same
- Specified by:
process in interface
READY if one or more events were created from the source.
BACKOFF if no events could be created from the source.
EventDeliveryException - If there was a failure in delivering to
the attached channel, or if a failure occurred in acquiring data from
protected abstract PollableSource.Status doProcess()
Copyright © 2009-2014 Apache Software Foundation. All Rights Reserved.