Version 1.1.0 - Incubating
Status of this release
This release is the second release of Apache Flume within the Apache
Incubator, and is labelled and should be considered as a beta version.
As compared to the previous release, it has substantially more features
and functionality along with bug fixes and other enhancements. However
it is likely to change until a stable release version.
- [FLUME-989] - Factor Flume Avro RPC interfaces out into separate Client SDK
- [FLUME-11] - Tests are setting logger level and should not be.
- [FLUME-889] - All events in memory channel are lost on reconfiguration
- [FLUME-920] - flume-ng script does not work on Ubuntu Maverick
- [FLUME-933] - Default[Source|Sink|Channel]Factory implementation should do reference counting for create/unregistering instances.
- [FLUME-936] - MemoryChannel is not thread safe
- [FLUME-955] - Rat failure: Legacy Avro Source missing Apache license header
- [FLUME-957] - Remove unused flume json config file
- [FLUME-960] - TestAvroSink.testFailedConnect is racy and fails often
- [FLUME-963] - Add additional tests to TestHDFSEventSink and demystify existing tests
- [FLUME-1005] - Several issues with flume-ng script
- [FLUME-1009] - HDFSEventSink should return BACKOFF when the channel returns null
- [FLUME-1018] - Context can cause NullPointerException
- [FLUME-1027] - Missing log4j library in Flume distribution
- [FLUME-1029] - Flume build issue with Avro 1.6.2 and empty local repository
- [FLUME-1031] - Depricate code generated by Thrift and Avro OG sources that is under com.cloudera package
- [FLUME-886] - Create Log4j Appender
- [FLUME-919] - flume-ng script should use exec when spawning the java process
- [FLUME-922] - Straighten up branches for development
- [FLUME-925] - Update build infrastructure to follow Apache Maven guidelines
- [FLUME-932] - Making flume-ng components pluggage and name aware
- [FLUME-934] - hadoop 1.0.0 sink and corresponding profile
- [FLUME-935] - Create abstract implementations of basic channel/transaction semantics
- [FLUME-939] - Load flume-env.sh from flume_conf_dir environment variable / system property as opposed to bin directory
- [FLUME-945] - Add the ability to specify a default channel for multiplexing channel selector.
- [FLUME-956] - Configuration File Template
- [FLUME-958] - Miscellaneous build improvements
- [FLUME-964] - Remove compiler warnings where possible
- [FLUME-978] - Context interface is too basic requiring boilerplate user code
- [FLUME-984] - SinkRunner should catch unhanded exceptions and log them like PollingSourceRunner
- [FLUME-990] - Hive sink
- [FLUME-1019] - Document Sink and related interfaces, defining expected behaviors
- [FLUME-1021] - Document API contracts and expected behavior in additional interfaces, including Source
- [FLUME-1032] - Fix / clean up Flume NG build
- New Feature
- [FLUME-865] - Implement failover sink
- [FLUME-892] - Support for SysLog as source
- [FLUME-914] - Port the IRC sink to flume ng
- [FLUME-930] - Support for multiplexing into different channels from single source.
- [FLUME-942] - Support event compatibility with Flume 0.9x
- [FLUME-970] - Create user guide for Flume NG
- [FLUME-940] - Remove unused code from Flume
- [FLUME-949] - Collapse PollableSink into Sink interface.
- [FLUME-977] - Migrate trunk to 0.9.5 branch and move branch flume-728 over to trunk
- [FLUME-1028] - Fix jenkins build after addition of submodule